- Fill out the Basic Field Settings (Label, Description and Field Name)
- Select Field Type: Website under Text Fields.
- Set any Additional Field Options to control behavior or other details.
- Complete any Advanced Field Options for the fields to impact it’s visibility or access control.
- Select Add Field (or Update Field if you’re changing an existing field) to save your changes.
Configuring the Website Field
Basic Field Settings
See Basic Field Settings for full explanations of these settings. You will choose ‘Website’ under Field Type to create a Website field.
Additional Field Options
There are six Additional Field Options for the Website Field:
- Format: The Format options provide an input mask to your website field. You will be presented with a drop-down list of multiple options, including the
http/s://in the front of your field, removing the
wwwor adding the
wwwor multiple combinations therein. Choose the one that most fits what you need or choose
No Formatto have no input mask at all.
- Allow Port in URL? You can choose to allow the input of
:portto your website field as well. Useful for redirected or alternate port inputs.
- Output as Link? If you check the checkbox for this option, using
displayor using the magic tag for the field will include the full
output around your field.
Selecting this option will also give you an option for Open Link in New Window?, which will add the
target="_blank"to your anchor reference.
- Maximum Length: This is set for a default of
255, but you can set this to any specific numeric value if you want to limit the length of this field, or set it for
-1if you want to make it an unlimited field length.
- Enable HTML5 Input Field? This will override the setting of the field from an
<input type="text" />to an
<input type="url" />field.
- HTML Placeholder: Placeholders can provide instructions or an example of the required data format for a field. Please note: The placeholder is not a replacement for labels or description text, and it is less accessible for people using screen readers. For more details on the usage of Placeholder Text, you can read the documentation at W3 on Placeholders.
Advanced Field Settings
See Advanced Field Options for the explanations of these field settings that define default values, visibility or access control for your field.
REST API Settings
You can configure these settings to override the REST API settings for each individual field. These are discussed in depth in our Advanced Topics, REST API documentation.