What I would put in the ‘Top 10 Things New Pods User Should Know’
– clearly it is based on my requirements so may not fit everyone’s needs
- Locations of online docs, and various video tutorials and web-casts (I learned a bunch of things in those longish web-casts I had not come across elsewhere).
- Briefly explain Page Templates & magic codes (btw, why are PT off by default – seems like most new users not wanting to get deep into PHP would want them).
- Briefly explain the Pods short code and various examples for use in WP Pages.
- Briefly explain Auto-archives and Auto-templates – what they bring and why might be used.
- If writing php in a template file, mention the pods class (give link to doc and examples).
- Point out the pods->template() function – very powerful as Page templates are an easy way to format data and you can mix/match templates, wp pages, php templates, etc.
- More examples on how to access data in a pods-class-based loop, how to order by, filter, how to access pods fields, etc.
- For those not super familiar with WP template coding – some info and examples on how to set up an archive, single, or taxonomy template php file – as they might work with a pod.
- List some of the more interesting and powerful Pods plugins and what they bring to the environment.
- Pointer to this forum!