Specifically, if you’re brand new to Pods and most of WordPress, you’re going to need a game plan for understanding what Pods does. You’re going to get this most clearly by starting in the section on Learn About Pods. You’ll get a good handle on What are Custom Post Types and how they work within WordPress. You’ll learn about Taxonomy, Custom Fields and how to Plan your Content Types. Pods is a Content Management & Development Framework: It’s where you go when you want to Grow Beyond Posts & Pages.
- Create new Post Types (& Taxonomies) with Add Pods in the Pods Admin
- Add Custom Fields to those Pods under Manage Fields
- Verify your Custom Post Types are visible in your theme by Populating those Pods with some content and View the Post
- Use Pods Templates to create content blocks to show what’s missing when displaying your pods in your theme
- Turn on Auto Templates for your Pods to show the Pods Templates you created to show the missing content.